Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Stephen,

I do have the original 6C4/6922 combo. But I think the phono preamp section can be re-wired to use 6J6 as well. In my case, I am very happy and does not look into that avenue at all. Besides, 6C4 is not that hard to find here. I also found that even the Motorola 6C4's are good sounding in my set-up. I won an auction at e-bay where I got 12 pieces NOS for $15.00.

Even the very nice sounding, I have a pair, GEC 6C4 at e-bay (I missed the auction!) can be had at $36.00 a quad. That should last a while.

For the 6922's, I am still clinging to my claim that them are not the "money" tube in the Chenin phono. Maybe just me, but I rolled several 6922/6DJ8 like Tele,Amperex, Sylvanias, etc. and even 7308's and not convinced with the results especially for the price I paid for them(although I have Siemens 6922 on the preamp right now).

To each his own, I guess!

Cheers, I bet you will like the preamp!
I just ordered the Chenin too.....I hope I will be very happy like everyone else?...:-)....2 month wait.:-(.....I sold my cables, my preamp, and etc...to get the Chenin....

Is Chenin prettier than the Hovland in real life?....better sounding too right?...I almost purchase the Hovland...but it is not the "Preamp of the Century"....:-)......
Longho68,
2 month wait?! I've been waiting almost 5 months so far. Hope your sell-off of other equip. has not left you "musicless" while you wait.

Mick is doing his best to get these things out to people, but I think we should be realistic and patient with him. It seems our anticipation and wait will be richly rewarded...
Wow, I guess I am lucky to wait for only 2 month.....I am musicless now....:-)......I sold my preamp and Tara Labs The Ones this weekend so that I can applied the funds towards the Chenin...

I hope to find cheaper cables that sound as good as The Ones...
I think you missed my point: my guess is that you will have a longer wait than 2 months. Mick builds the Chenins in the order that they come in. If you just ordered yours, it isn't going to get built before those of us who ordered earlier. I ordered in March and am still waiting...