Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
What I'm looking for is a Supratek preamp WITH REMOTE. Does NOT need phono (i'm not into vinyl, please don't attack me for that comment...).

So, preferably a Chardonnay or something. Hopefully with the Stainless Steel finish. Also like the piano black base with SS finish.

I am looking to spend no more than $2,000 USD shipped to my door in suburbs of Chicago.

If anyone has any leads/suggestions, feel free to email me: gajazi(at)shorr.com

Great thread, gang...

-George Ajazi
Ah yes "Mrmb", touche!
I'm so glad you decided that I was indeed droping rain on your parade. Again, if this is a "parade of a thread", then please, march on with your parade!
lONG LIVE THE PREAMP!!...yeah!...hip hip hurrah!...not a problem. Infact, I'm more than happy you guy's really get into your preamps, really!
I wasn't poo-pooing your enthusiasm. Nor was I trying to make anyone feel bad about their gear, hobby, whatever. I was (It's my issue, I conceed) mearly in awe of how much people like their preamp's. Me, I like the meat of the issue, the quality of sound.
Oh and, Mrmb?...there was recently a show where the Wilson Sofia's were run by a sony receiver!....yep, a Sony receiver. And yes, indeed, the speakers would sound much better with better gear. The point was that the speakers were much more important to the sound than the speakers!
Anyway, if Basketball can have Denis Rodman, Tennis have John Macenroe(?), Golf have Colin Montgomery, and Poker have Phil Helmuth Jr, then you guy's can have me!!!!!...
...Im a legend in my own mind you know...but I'm good at audio/video. My systems speak for themselves.
Yep, I'm good!...It's good to be me and know all things related to audio/video....ahhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm good, Im good!!!(LOL)
I have a question for those of you still awaiting the arrival of your preamps from Mick. I sent him a note at the end of May checking on the status of my order. At that time he said he was experiencing delays in getting the cases from the woodworker and it would be 2-4 weeks longer. Last night (Aug.22) I sent him another note of inquiry. He is still having trouble getting the cases and expects to ship a bunch of units in the next 3-4 weeks. Are you all hearing this as well?
Yes, I got the same response as well and I'm sympathetic. I suggest we all not bug him too much while he resolves his issues with his suppliers - none of this is his fault...
If your preamp is non-standard then the case has to be special made and takes longer to fill the order. Happened with both my preamps.