Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
And this thread was almost up where someone could see my post until the "war" between Didactically & Fatparrot escalated.
Yeah, some war.... I've got to hand it to Fatparrot for taking this dim witt to task and telling like it is. His last response is bang on the bullseye, blunt, to the point and very well written I might add. Well said Fatparrot.
I thought I'd better report in.

My Chenin arrived this morning, safe and sound. It took me about 20 mins to unpack and set up, removing my old preamp from the rack first. Sounds sublime already, really looking forward to a marathon session tonight! But I really should go into work about now...;-)

I ordered my Chenin (no mods) on 06/15/04 and I received it on 10/15/04 - 4 months! Original estimate was 6-8 weeks. It took 5 days to get to me from Mick. I have to tell you I had an "interesting" experience with customs as Mick didn't supply my social security number on the packing slip -- I don't think he ever asked for it. Advice to you all: make sure he gets your SSN (or your country's equivalent) before he ships! If you're already an importer and have an "Importer ID" give him that. I was lucky with only 1 day delay because I called FedEx immediately I saw the "Regulatory agency clearance delay" comment in the tracking record. Your mileage may vary if you get stuck in customs -- I think I got off quite lightly. Just something to be aware of to all you future Supratekkies!

Anyway, I'm happy, it was worth the wait for sure. Now to look for a good turntable...;-)

Happy listening to you all!
A little follow-up on my email from Mick. I was looking at systems today, and I took a quick look at Bwhite's. I wanted to see his Cortese agin, to compare it to my "Syrah". Damn if mine doesn't look exactly like his! Except for the tubes, it's a dead ringer. I think I'm going to start calling mine the SyrTese. And I'n still trying to win the damn 350b's.