Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
A little follow-up on my email from Mick. I was looking at systems today, and I took a quick look at Bwhite's. I wanted to see his Cortese agin, to compare it to my "Syrah". Damn if mine doesn't look exactly like his! Except for the tubes, it's a dead ringer. I think I'm going to start calling mine the SyrTese. And I'n still trying to win the damn 350b's.
Woohoo, email from Mick leting me know my black/chrome Cabernet is 2 days off finished. Looking forward to recieving it l can tell you. Just hope my power mp is repaired in time!

Cheers
Quick question: does anyone know how the tape loop works on the Chenin? There is no tape monitor switch that I can see, so how does one switch it on and off? Thanks.
try on the back of the unit. Or maybe there is no monitor circuit and thus no switch.
Nickatkins,

Huh? The manual shows the tape loop toggle switch. It is the one (on top of the chassis direcrly in front of the right 6SN7) near the selector switch. Looking at the front away from you is "On" and towards you is "Off". Did you get the manual from Mick? I have the Chenin also and my manual have pictures and each controller are labeled as shown.

Looking at the back of the preamp, moving from right to left, the two sets of RCA outputs are the main outputs. The next row after that is for TAPE (Play) and the next is for TAPE(rec).

If you are in the US, give me your FAX number and I will fax a copy of the image to you.

cheers...