Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Well guys, looks like I am back in the "waiting pool" with some of the new members of the Supratek club. I have ordered a Cortese from Mick! I do have the advantage of having my Syrah to listen to in the meantime, so the wait won't be near as bad as it was the first time around. I have ordered mine in the beautiful Sheoak wood base with the matte black top (Mick says his personal system is this same finish combo. If you have not seen the Sheoak yet, there is a picture of it at the bottom of the Gallery page on the Supratek website. I spoke to Mick recently and he said the latest phono stage setup for the Cortese is "amazing". I know this won't be a night and day difference between the Syrah and the Cortese, but I am ready to take the next step in the "Preamp of the Century" saga.
Has anyone recieved a Cortese from Mick recently? I understand that they come with a remote control volume. I am a little concerned with noise interference. Does anyone know what brand of volume control Mick is using now? Has anyone had this problem (my Syrah has a manual volume knob). I hope to be able to keep my Syrah long enough to do a side by side comparison of the two units. I am ordering mine with the 6sn7 based tube compliment.