Rowlands

Not much talk about Rowland. Why is that? For example, Pass is all over the place.
inna
As noted above, I have been trying to contact the Jeff Rowland design Group for information on their future line of integrated amplifiers. Someone sent me their phone number, 719-473-1181, and I called it. The message said this mailbox has not been setup by this subscriber. Thanks to Sandstone above, I finally located a list of JRDG retailers. There are no retailers in the San Francisco Bay Area and the JRDG has not answered the three emails I sent them. I give up on the Jeff Rowland Design Group.

As Sandstone indicated above, I like my Ayre AX-7e Integrated amp very much and have decided to keep it. This is a hobby so it is fun looking around for something better. The Luxman integrated amplifiers sound great but I am trying to buy an American piece. I sold my McIntosh MA6900 integrated because my Ayre sounds much better. Many years ago I owned the Jeff Rowland Concenta but a friend wanted to buy it so I sold it.

I would really like to buy a Pass integrated INT-150 amp but these are 19" deep and that is too big for my shelf in my living room. I emailed Pass Labs and suggested they make a smaller size integrated. They very quickly responded that "there probably won't be a smaller integrated from Pass Labs since they like to bias their amps and you simply can't get the heat out without heat sinks". The GumuT integrated looks like a great amplifier but it is too expensive (for me). The Bel Canto integrated also looks interesting but it only has one balanced input (I need two).

Many of the integrated amplifiers I looked at were very good but not as good as my Ayre.
Maybe owning Pass amp would be worth changing the decor a little.
I am very surprised with Rowland's way of doing business. Very very strange and unexpected.
HGeifman, the Rowland SF dealer is:

Matt Aikawa
Moraga, CA
510 206-1766
nyatt@yahoo.com

Worth pointing out that Rowland has no/no/no current integrated amplifier based on a class A/B design. Any such hypothetical product at this point is no more than pure audiophilic speculation... Dealers will not have any hard information about such a mythical creature. G.
My experience with JRDG customer service has been extremely positive. Have a Rowland Pre and a Pass amp.