Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Stiltskin,

The tubestore.com sells the 6n23 tubes. (http://www.thetubestore.com/rus696h.html)

I have not tried it yet since I have lots of 6922's. The M8080 is hard to find but do shows up at ebay once in a while usually from a European seller. I read that locally Conrad Johnson have stocks of this tube since they use it on their new preamps. Maybe you can get a pair from them.

I am waiting for the Sylvania Gold that I won in the auction the other day (GB6135). From my notes dated June 2004, I jotted down that I "need to stock this tubes because it is superb in the Supratek,fully balance sound...etc...etc." I will confirm that when I receive the tubes and will let others be aware who uses 6C4's on the phono preamp.

regards
Sorlowski. to drive the thiels you will want a high-current SS amp. Something that doubles down into a 2 ohm load. Personally, for that speaker I think a high damping factor works best. The Parasound amp Slowhand mentioned will work. I use the Sim Audio W-5 to drive my Thiels. Other possibilities include Plinius, Pass Labs, and Blue Circle.