Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Andy of Vintage Tube Services just picked up a load of Sylvania 6F6Gs Last week...
Ethifi,

I need to qualify my last post.

I have the hi/lo gain switches on each channel inside my preamp, not on top. But I have the 6 position selector switch on the back like yours.

The only difference is that Mick apparently went to one external hi/lo switch instead of two internal switches. That would be much more convenient.
Ethifi & Fiddler, thanks for the info - I didn't know there were multiple gain switches on the newer Chardonnay's.
Some updates... this time from Mick. He wrote:
"... you should be able to use 6F6G no problem. The thing is that 6F6G are at least 50 years old and there is no gaurantee that the tubes are as new - most tube testing is very vauge to say the least, and you have to be extremely lucky to get 2 perfectly matched tubes, despite what the sellers promise. There is a huge amount of hype involved with tube dealers. Quite likely it's faulty tubes. I'd send them back."
I have written to TubeDepot to see what they can do.