Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Bwhite: Did you try any of the Shunyata, BMI Shark, or Acoustic Zen with the Supratek? I have the Shunyata Taipan (alpha, i think) on all my amp/preamp. Used to have the original Taipan on the amp and preamp but it whitened the tone a bit. I don't consider either of the Taipan neutral, it errs on the transparent/detailed end of the spectrum.
Hi Jazzdude - my mistake in classifying Shunyata as a "flavored" cord in all regards. You are correct, they do have the Alpha series which trys to be more neutral.
Well you know many of the Shunyata line do color the presentation. Especially the Shunyata cords with that pixie dust built in. Come to think of it Shunyata even markets their cords in terms of their degree of coloration.
Bwhite:
I guess I won't know until trying it out with the Elrod in my system. Thanks for the suggestions, if that combo doesn't work out I would probably go with the Electraglide next.
Jazzdude you're right. The star dust, pixie dust, hocus pocus stuff is VERY colored but some of the other cables are colored in the other direction and cause a bleaching effect. Don't get me wrong, coloration and bleaching can be a good thing. The goal should be to make the component sound correct. In my experience the Suprateks do not need too much correcting - changing tubes takes care of most of what's required.