Advice on switching to separates

Currently using an Exposure 2010s integrated amp with Harbeth mini monitors. I am absolutely satisfied with the overall performance but have always been wanting to try separates. My question is can i better my integrated with separates on a budget of around 1500 dollars. I also have Omega super 6 Alnicos speakers from a second system which was scrapped. Due to space limitations I now use the Harbeths because they are smaller, but they can be switched back in if I can put together a system that beats the one I currently have. Any suggestions or should I be happy with what I have. Thanks.
panu21
Panu21 - I've had both the Harbeth M30 and Spendor S 3/5se and found they clearly benefited sonically when I upgraded the amplification. However, in my limited experience with separates in the 2.5-3.0k price range (used on audiogon) vs. integrated amps, the difference was marginal. If anything my current Graaf integrated (about 3.5 k used) is significantly better than the separates (albeit solid state) I was using at the time.

Just my 2c, it may be a stretch to find a pre and power amp for $1500 (used) that betters a decent integrated. Other folks may have some valuable suggestions.
The 2010s' 75W rating is probably a really nice match w/your Harbeths (BTW, the Exposure is a beautiful piece), and I'd say you would have to make a significant power/current jump to tell a real difference. I use old NAD pre/amp w/my Spendors, and although they are circa 1992, the combination is beyond good...balanced, smooth, and quiet. You may want to try a used NAD 272/162 combo for more current, dynamics, and low-end control. You could snag these for less than $800 on the Gon, and they may surprise you. Or how about a Parasound A21 and NAD 160 or 162? Could be another involving (and versatile) set up.
I'm a big integrated fan. I'm running Harbeth C7's with one. For $1500 absolutely stick with an integrated. If you want to upgrade, although the 2010s is nice (I had the 3010s2), there are several choices used that will move things up a notch or two. None will be separates.

But if your happy, just stay happy and save the $1500.
Stick with what you have. Switching to separates means:

1. What amp and preamp to buy?
2. Should I use the same brand for both?
3. How much power?
4. What interconnect?
5. Tubes or solid state?

Less is more. I recommend keeping it simple.