Gryphon Colosseum vs. Karan M2000 monoblocks

I've been on the search for desert island amplification to partner with my Sonus Faber Futuras for a while now. The contenders has been narrowed down to either the Gryphon Colosseum (Stereo) or the new Karan M2000 monoblocks. The price offered are more or less the same.

Preamp will probably be Gryphon Mirage or Pandora if going for the Colosseum, or the KA L Ref.MK3 if going for the Karan M2000. I'm also considering a tube preamp as an alternative - especially the Conrad Johnson GAT.

I would truly appreciate ANY feedback regarding these poweramps and brands. If anyone has experience with both, that would be most valuable.

Source will be Brinkmann Bardo/10.5 tonearm/Pi cartridge for analog playback. Digital playback is yet to be decided, but I'm using an Audio Aero Prestige SE at the moment.

My room is approx. 6x5 square meters. I'm mostly listening to small scale rock/pop/acoustic, classical and electronical music. The system will be used for music mainly, but also film.

Thanks!
128x128sidekick_i
Himiguel has a good point which i have heard from many people who start going towards the kilobuck power level. That is in particular i think why many have said the Bryston 16BSST2 monos are incredible value for money amps that play in the SOTA arena...the first generation of Bryston where more than a few have said it has a 'sweet' touch in the treble...combined with 1000watts of power which make for effortless delivery of nuance, transparency and again a sweet(er) treble.
I bought the new Karan KAS 600 after comparing with MBL monos, Pass X250.5, Accoustic Arts Amp III on my MBL 111F. The amp is simply astonishing in delivering lots of sheer power. The amp is never fatiguing against the 83db of my MBLs, the sound is never harsh even when the volume reaches very high levels. The Karan is an amp which prefers musicality over extreme details.
I paired it with a tube preamp (built in Italy) and is the best power-amp I ever heard in my experience.

My 2 cents,
-- Ale
@ Lloydelee21

Thanks for the congrats!
If you are based close to London it should not be difficult to listen the Karan amps.

As far class A vs. class A/B is concerned, Karan amps are said to be in class A,
with a proprietary circuitry. They say it's a form of "dynamic" class A, i.e., the
output transistors are maintained in class A by analyzing the input signal.

Cheers,
-- Ale
Artale,

Sounds very interesting! When i get some time, i will try to go listen. Enjoy!