Jeff Rowland Pre-Amps: The Corus & The Capri

I am a current owner of the Jeff Rowland Capri pre amp. Are there any folks who have owned or heard the Capri and have owned or heard the new Corus pre amp. I am wondering how high level a system would need to be to recognize the differences between the 2 Rowland pre-amps and what those differences are. Thanks Stephen
pettyfeversk
Thanks for all the comments. I wish I had a dealer near me so I could go back and forth and hear the differences in my system between the Capri and the Corus.
I have the Capri in my system ... it's just incredibly good
I know quite well Corus and Criterion but I never compared them directly to my Capri in my system ...

that being said in my opinion before upgrading to Corus at your place I would start upgrading the Cardas Golden Ref ... if you like Cardas the Clear is much better ... you loose a lot of information and definition with the Golden Ref and if you want to hear all the improvement the Corus may bring upon the Capri I would start there

congrat. nice system!
Hifimaniac,

Thanks for your responses concerning the possible move from the Capri to the Corus. I wanted to throw out my thought process and ask for your thoughts on it. One way to go would be to go from the Capri to Corus as we discussed. Another would be to upgrade my monoblock amps from the Pass XA60.5 to the Pass XA100.5 which would give me more headroom and control of the loudspeakers. These speakers have all SEAS drivers and that includes 2 ten inch woofers, 2 seven inch miss and the tweeter. I really like the Pass XA line and that is another choice. A third approach would be to think about something like the Rowland 625 instead of my Pass mono blocks. That would seem more of a risk . I love the Rowland sound from the Capri but I am not sure I want to give up the Pass sound on the Amp Side. Do you have any thoughts on this. One person said to me that if I upgrade the pre amp, I will effect the transparency and the smoothness of the sound and the lack of background noise. The amp move would effect the headroom and all the tis associated with a power increase. The Pass XA line is outstanding to my ears. I appreciate any thoughts
And the fouth approach would be to get Rowland Corus and 625, and get rid of what you have now beginning with those Cardas cables. I would first try Purist Audio, Gabriel Gold, Jorma and Stealth cables. In any case, I would probably play with cables and power cords to begin with before making big moves.
Inna,

In my room, with my system, I really like the Cardas cables and can't see changing them. I have tried many other cables and always come back to Cardas.