Dual volume control - it should be standard

Why don't they all make preamps and integrateds like that?
Recently I got Redgum integrated with volume control for each channel. What a difference. You just do it by ear for every recording or even individual tune. Simple and great idea.
inna
Vic, always a problem with stepped attenuators without alot of steps, quite annoying when there are 1db or more between steps.
I go back to Onhwy61's post, the best control was one volume control with remote balance - you really do need to be in you chair to set, I had that function with the BENT Tap-x it it worked perfectly.
If someone says yes, there will always be those who will say no or it depends. However, it appears that people who are not too lazy and have good hearing say yes in this case. By the way, Redgum has now an option of single volume control, but they warn on their website that it will sound a little worse.
Also, moving the listening position left or right will not always help and can actually cause even more soundstage distortion. Depends on room and recording, I experimented with the amp I had before with single control.
The point is that there is no way around. At least none that I can see.
I now sit perfectly still so as not to distort the soundstage. In fact, I've found that if I sit on spikes directly from my butt into a hard wooden chair, although extremely painful, helps curb the resonance my body creates from my heartbeat, breathing, sighing at the beauty of reproduced music, and otherwise non audiophile writhing around. The used medical head brace I found in a hospital dumpster also works wonders in keeping the imaging stable...that Mahler string section seems glued in place now...