Classe move to China

I've just learned that Classe has moved production to China. Has anyone taken delivery of a Made in China Classe product?

Will moving to China devalue the brand? Will quality suffer?

I am thinking of purchasing the new CA-M300 monoblocks, but this move has me hesitating.
fundsgon
Chinese, Russians and Arabs buying up everything valuable in America including the currency, and they are concerned about Iran and even North Korea?
Well, if we continue like that we will soon be working at their factories in China and speak Mandarin.
Dyn,
I've worked semiconductor manufacturing for decades....in the fab. I've helped make enough ICs and Discrete components to sink a ship. All changes to procedures are vetted and go thru a sign off loop, with the exception of the 'temporary' change which has a few special provisions and has a 24 hour time limit and is used only as an emergency containment or if a specific piece of equipment is down.

But, the REAL question is one of training and quality management system. For example, is the facility in question ISO audited? Are all employees trained and certified in the operations they perform? Are quality records kept? Rework procedures approved and certified? and on and on.
"I would hope they do something to save one of our largest exporters from suicide. South Carolina is one of the top illiterate states, among others from Appalachia."

That is such an ignorant statement it's laughable.

The five counties mentioned in the article referenced by Hifihvn are not in the manufacturing districts of S.C. and in fact, they are all very poor, black communities. Sure, illiteracy is high in these counties, but that's like saying the rest of S.C. is like these five counties just like the rest of Michigan is like the inner-city of Detroit.

Here's a classic example of a little knowledge gleaned from the internet being dangerous - and also prejudicial sounding at the same time.

I am sure that BMW and Boeing and the many international companies with manufacturing plants in South Carolina didn't do their due diligence on the workforce before they invested billions (with a B) into their plants in S.C.

Not to mention the fact that S.C. was the center of textile manufacturing in the country before the industry evaporated to China due to slave labor wages in China. Hard to believe the illiterates in S.C. were once responsible for the success of textile manufacturing in the U.S.

"General Motors decided to hire people without even a high school diploma. It backfired on them. They had to pay their employees to get rid of them! A lot of them went back to Appalachia, with their money, spent it, and are looking for other big paying jobs now. There are not anymore big paying easy handouts for them, except now, maybe Boeing?"

Once again - stupid remarks on their face.

Appalachia didn't run to Detroit in great numbers at all. And the Wiki article that Hifihvn references doesn't even support his stupid conclusions.

It's the unions that have killed General Motors and the rest of Detroit. General Motors problems are home grown!

Hey Hifihvn, it's amazing, huh, that many car companies have located in the South, including east Tennessee (Appalachia), but yet the labor force is entirely illiterate and uncapable (yeah right). Who would have ever thought that these mega companies would risk billions of dollars in manufacturing infrastructure only to find out there are no workers capable of doing the work. I guess they forgot to first ask Hifihvn about the labor pool before they wasted all of their money.

I have lived all over the country, including S.C. Are there stupid and uneducated people there? Sure, but have you ever been to an automotive plant in Detroit during shift change. Yeah, that's my idea of literacy.
Yeah, but would you buy a Classe amp assembled in South Carolina?

OK, you got me,I'm kidding.
I have lived all over the country, including S.C. Are there stupid and uneducated people there? Sure, but have you ever been to an automotive plant in Detroit during shift change. Yeah, that's my idea of literacy.
Fiddler (Threads | Answers | This Thread)

"have you ever been to an automotive plant in Detroit during shift change. Yeah, that's my idea of literacy."
What is the above statement referring to?

Basically, spoken like a true Fidder!

Prove the Wikipedia article wrong.

Just stating facts.

More links for Y'all

[http://www.detroitblog.org/?p=1475][http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/6790/102200.html][http://lexington-sc.patch.com/articles/s-c-superintendent-38-percent-of-students-functionally-illiterate]