Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
My Chenin is at my vacation house and I can't remember if they accept XLR connection? Can anyone please tell me so I don't waste my money on wire that doesn't (or maybe does) work? Bob
baranyi:

unless you custom ordered it with xlr, the chenin does not have xlr connections.
I have question to Chenin owners regarding phono input.
When I switch input selector to phono, there is very loud tape hiss through speakers.
Is it normal ? Or my Chenin is broken ?
I do not have LP right now, but will in the future.
How can one use lp with such loud tape hiss.
It is pretty loud in 9 o'clock position.
Do you have the gain switches on the top of the unit set to the high gain setting? What about the master gain on the rear panel, where is that set? Is the cart you are using of relatively high output (say- above .9mV or more)?

Do you have this hiss or tube rush on any other inputs?