Ayon Audio Forum- all questions and suggestion

Since there has been quite a bit of questions of upgrades and speaker synergy and tubes, some of us Ayon Owners decided to start a little thread.

Questions of how,what,when and have are all welcome

Have Fun and Be Positve !
sionlim
I like this idea of a Ayon Forum. I have had my CD5s for about six months and this is what I think I know at this point.
1. Absolutely great unit!
2. Using NOS 1986 Reflectors made a significant improvement.
3. Do not miss my preamp.
4. Am enjoying running my Blue Ray player through Ayon digital COAX input, for good sound on TV.
5. So far have not seem much difference with vibration control such as Pangea Mega feet compared to stock feet.
6. Prefer Balanced out in my system to my true balanced amps, even with one meter IC run.
@Gammajo,
Thanks for getting the thread going , I was wondering about the Tubes in the CD player no one had actually talked about them in the other post.
I have a newly aquired CD 07 a little bright sounding on the get go, and was wondering about a Tube change. IT does not have a coax in, which i think all CDP at this price point should have! but it does have a USB input which while not the best its good enough for me. IPOD player though is first class!
I run unit on ayon Spirit 3 , and with the help of the Audio GODS here has put me in the right direction. NOS mullard and RCA blacktops.
Sionlim,

Thanks too for getting the thread started! I'd propose to let's see how it goes and whether or not we need to ask the site administrators to change the thread name to include mention of amps/preamps in the title, or if we should put the thead in a more general category. But this should be a great thread and I look forward to learning from what I hope will be many posts.

Thanks again!

JBS
Thanks for the interesting thread. Since its in the amp/preamp section I'll limit my comments to that topic. I'll kick things off by saying that I own an Ayon Spirit II. That said, I've been enjoying a fair amount of tube rolling...both power and signal. I read here on another Ayon thread that you couldn't/shouldn't substitute 6550s for the KT88s. Well, I have been .....and couldn't be happier. I've rolled in GE 6550 A welded plates, Tung Sol 6550 gray plate 3 hole, and tonight Philips ECG 6550s. Good stuff.