Ayon Audio Forum- all questions and suggestion

Since there has been quite a bit of questions of upgrades and speaker synergy and tubes, some of us Ayon Owners decided to start a little thread.

Questions of how,what,when and have are all welcome

Have Fun and Be Positve !
sionlim
@ Gammajo,Hi,I have not run into you for a while,how have you been?,have you tried changing the fuses in the Ayon 5S?,Melbguy1 taught me that changing the fuses works great!,He recommended synerjestic research,He is out standing with his recommendations for eanything that will improve Ayon digital!cheers!
Argol : I have the same problem with my Ayon CD5, ground loop with noise in the speakers..I have had Two differents Thresholds amplifiers (SA3.9e and then SA/6) and I sold them thinking they were not compatible with my system. It turns out that the amps worked perfectly and the buyers are perfectly happy with. I suspected then my preamp (Joule Electra), but after testing on an other system, this preamp is dead silent..So..The guilty one is the CD5.

Two days ago I had a strange bug : everything was dead silent, when I pushed "play" on the CD5 I had immediately gound noise in the speakers, pushing "stop" and the noise was gone..I did it several times and always the same.
I was with XLR cables and checked the cables, the pins (1,2,3), everything was normal...So I switched to RCAs and everything was OK again.

There's something not totally clear with the Ayon CD5 and its compatibility with other gears. I'm very sad to have sold these collectors Thresholds as they turn out to work perfectly, but not with the Ayon.

I'll receive soon new power amps (a pair of GamuT M200MKIII - also collectros amps), but this time if there's something wrong, they will stay at home and the CD5 will leave.
@ Melkior, yes,the compatibility issue, you have to be careful of the impedence matching with Ayon, if you read past post in this thread, you can better understand this,or call u.s.a. tubes, they are good about helping people with their Ayon gear, whatever you use with Ayon, you have to have 50 koms impedence on your amps or better or you will run into this issue, other than that,I would look into your tubes age, and see if any of them may be going out,check the tubes and see if they are working properaly, your player has 8 tubes inside of it, 4 for the output and 4 in the power supply. cheers!
Thanks again :-)

Unfortunately as an old owner of Ayon CD5 I was absolutely not aware of this as I found nothing concerning this issue when I bought the unit..So I bought power amps without checking the impedance value. Anyway I know now how to handle this.
I've found an incredible volume control / preamp, totally transparent which at the same time solve the impedance matching problem, for a ridiculous price (350 euros), it's a SPL Volume 2 :
http://spl.info/produkte/monitor-controller/volume2/beschreibung.html
So in case of noise or too low impedance I just need to put it between the Ayon and the power amps (full XLR)and everything becomes silent, no need anymore to disconnect the ground of the monos power chord.

I Have exchanged the original tube for 6H30-DR, but as suggested I'll put the original ones to check if there's a problem or not (not so hard to find 6H30-DR but real matched pair is an other world).
@ melkior,, I just bought a Ayon 2s,,how long does it take for everything to open up?, the soundstage etc..., I am told these players take along break-in period, 300 to 600 hours! cheers!