Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Does any one listened wytech preamplifires( opal or jade) or melody 1688 preamplifier, and compared with supratek preamplifires? I need to buy one preamplifier , but where I live is impossible to listen any one of these preamplifiers.
Thanks
Hi Georgemg,

I have been using a Supratek Chardonnay for two years. It is a very versatile preamp in a sense that you can tailor its sound to suit your taste, by tube rolling. It never failed to amaze me what it is capable of in regard of sound reproduction. The baseline is : it is very musical but not without the details that loved by audiophiles. All dependent on your other equipment and the tubes you used. I have a brief audition of the Melody 1688II in the Hong Kong showroom. It was partnered with Zu droid speakers and a tube power amp (I forgot the brand and model). It was too mellow for my taste in that setting. The piano was bloated with lost of attack. Voices were sweet but big.

I have no experience with the Wytech, perhaps someone else can help.

Preamps that I owned previously : ARC SP9, LS1, LS2, CAT signiture, Matisse reference, Marantz 7 (remake) and Nagra PLP (which I am still owning), but I enjoy the Supratek most.

Hope that is helpful

Regards,
ywLee
fyi:

mick has updated the site with new pics of the sauvignon and cabernet dual. i'm amazed that he was able to incorporate his new dual circuit for bi-amping while keeping the cost at it's original $5k mark. still foaming at the mouth for my malbecs, but what can i do?
No Malbecs out there yet. Man, I am getting frustrated and I am not even waiting for one yet.