Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Cello,

Are you using Symposium Rollerblocks under Supratek main unit or under both (main unit and power supply) ?
Are you placing balls directly under Supratek rubber feet ?

Regards
Thanks for the responses about the Burgandy. I was wondering if anyone here has heard the double Cabernet that received the rave review. Bob
Just replaced my Adcom GFP-750 with a used Supratek Chenin, going from a ‘giant killer’ to the ‘preamp of the century’, which is how these two units are written about. The rest of the system is a Musical Fidelity A5 player, Conrad Johnson MF2250 amp, Von Schweikert VR4-JR speakers, Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker wires, VH audio interconnects and a JPS labs digital power cord, VH Audio Flavor ? on preamp and CJ. Gadzooks what a difference in the bass, much tighter, more prominent. The soundstage opened up considerably, deeper and wider the digital glare is much reduced and I’m hearing lots of new things on familiar recordings.
My only disappointment is the amount of ‘sweetness’ in the midrange, would like some more of that. Three questions for my Supratek bretheren;
1) Any NOS tubes that’d exchange some bass response for more midrange sweetness?
2) what would be an appropriate level of turntable for this phonostage, I was thinking MMF7 or something in that strata – can I go for a less table like the MMF5 or would going up the food chain be the hot ticket?
3) the power supply tube is only an inch from the next shelf and the bottome of the shelf feels very warm to the touch. The rack is open on all sides. Cause for concern ?
Thanx much.
Hello Richmon,

I am not much into tube rolling anymore, but I seem to remember owners saying the RCA gray glass 6sn7 had a sweet midrange. As for the phono stage, IT IS WORLD CLASS! This is what Mick's preamps are known for. Get the best analog setup you can and you will be rewarded in the sound. I am using a VPI Aries 2 EXTended with the VPI JMW 12.5 arm and a ZYX Yatra cartridge. KILLER SOUND! I also have a Modded Sony SCD-1 SACD player. It can't hold a candle to my analog setup. Mick's phono stage will also handle the lowest moving coil cartridge you can find with no trouble. Mine is .24mv and I have tons of gain. You have a preamp that is worthy of the best associated equipment.

Have Fun!
Sorlowski,
I have the Rollerblocks placed under both the Pre-Amp and the Power Supply.
The Rollerblocks are placed in direct contact with the bottom plate of the boxes (not in contact with the rubber feet).
Rgds,
Larry