Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
IKKyu2,
I found the source of my image drift to the right. I took out the NOS RCAs I have been using, and poped in the stock EH 6sn7s, and imediately everything lined up again.
Dead center, I guess one of the RCAs are a little weeker than the other.
So try a different set of 6sn7, or at least swap them around to see what happens.

AB.
Slowhand,

I understand from the thread that a significant difference is heard in the Chardonnay/Syrah when swapping the stock rectifier for something else. The predominant rectifier tube experience is split between the bendix 6106 and the 5AR4. Were to start the tube rolling, with a NOS Philips Miniwatt METAL BASE or a bendix 6106? IMHO the 5AR4 seems more consistent with the Supratek documentation but there are many happy listeners out there with the 6106. I want to first commit to a rectifier and then swap the other tubes out in a systematic fashion.
powers:

i use a bendix 6106 and have verified with mick that it is swapable in the supratek circuit. i haven't heard the phillips metal base so i can't comment on the sound, but the price difference is substantial. $400 for the phillips versus $40 for the bendix.
I used both the 6106 and the metal base GZ34 in my Syrah. I liked them both, but for the difference in price the 6106 is a bargain compared to the metal base GZ34. I put a 6106 in my Cortese to see how it would sound and after a few minutes it started making some weird sounds so I took it out and put the stock tube back in.

Mick has told me many times that he does not like NOS tubes. He said that the prices people charge and get for them are crazy. The last time I spoke to him about NOS tubes (which was a good while back) he said he was not going to be able to cover damage caused by NOS tubes that are not direct replacements for the stock tubes.