Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Price gone up so fast! Isn't coincidental when someone is starting to promote the cables? That's why I love Mick... he sticks to the same price for years.

After clarifying with Brad from Revelation Audio Labs, $169 was the previous, introductory price. Also, the conductor gauge used is much heavier than the "regular" 3-pin umbilical, hence the raw materials cost is higher for the Supratek cable. The price ($199 for 0.5m and $229 for 1m) includes free Global Express Mail (EMS) shipping. I have ordered a cable.
Hello Frank,

I have to agree with you on the SRA bases. I trust Kevin and his excellent designs. I too will leave well enough alone with my SRA bases. I have learned to trust Mick with his tube choices in the Supratek preamp also. I am done with tube rolling. I am having too much fun listening to music now.
I just ordered 1 meter umbilical cord from Revelation Audio at the price of $269 including shipping for my Chardonnay.

For those of you who want a cheap and good solution for vibration control, I can recommend Nordost Pulsar Points for the power supply and preamp. Matches the look of the Supratek very well and provides a nice improvment soundwise. The rubberfeet make it sound bad whatever you put under it.
Nice system Slowhand. Yes, Kevin's products have been a Godsend for my system. I balked and agonized for a while over spending so much on the CRAZ Rack. Now that I have, it is one thing I WILL NEVER SELL. I've been fortunate enough to have had some good isolation products/racks in my system or in for review or audition, but his have always come out on top for my tastes and preferences.

How do you like that Granite CDP?

Frank
Well, I have been living with my new SRA iso bases for a few days now and m impressions are as follows.

I liken the sound to a jazz band that has been together for so long that each member knows exactly what the others are about to do next, taking on a very "tight" sound. That is what the iso bases that are under my Cortese and Berning amp sound like. They "tighten" up the music giving bass a very powerful, but controlled sound. Mid-range has a "you are there" feel to it. Vocalists seem to be right in the room with you. Highs sparkle, but are not bright. The sound takes on a more "live" feel to it. A couple of things that I really like is that the soundstage on most recordings seems wider (far beyond the speakers). Depth also improves on some recordings. I have a percussion cd by an artist named Mino Cinelu. This is a great reference cd that I use a lot. With the iso bases I was amazed at the power that the percussion took on. You could not only get a feel for the size of the drums Mino is hitting, but you can get a good idea of the size of the room that the recording took place in. That is really cool! I could go on and on, but I am sure that you get the idea that I love these bases. I highly recommend them for use under the Suprateks. I don't pretend to know how they work, but they DO work. I hope to isolate all of my equipment with the VR3 bases.