Has anyone purchased a krell S 550 I Int amplifier

Are there any new owners who have the new integrated amplifier I understand it will be made in China. Fit, finish, sound quality. Does it justify it's 5 K asking price. Or can I do better on our shores for this kind of money? I have a pair of sonus Cremona speakers
jreerunn40
@ Dayglow, Hi, please give me your impressions on your opinion of the s550i, thankyou.
Just read the Hifi news review as an example.
I did not just luck out.i spoke with the engineers in depth.
Make no mistake just because they machine a case in a state of the art
Plant and do assembly does not mean it is junk China is using German, Italian ,as well as U.S machining centers now that they are making money.
The majority of the psrts are from Europe and a Japan ,it is totally inspected on every level in the Main Orange Ct. Plant .i got one unit and the transformer was noisy.i called their tech line and Patrick sent me out a new unit,and even payed to have the other unit picked up.
It is very underrated actually 330 wpc into 8 ohms and 600 into 4.
I just sold a a Hegel 200 .this is much better across the board.
Secrets of home theatre has a review coming out on this amp.
The 300 is not even in the same league .this has bits taken from their
Upper line 1,700 va transformer is no joke. Sometimes I am listening to a
Quiet section of so song then earthquake .the dynamic swings are excellent. I have the means to buy very expensive if I choose to .I sold a $70k MBL system awhile back I vowed to buy great sound at a fraction of the price.after that. My speakers cables , just sold the a Luxman da/06 great reviews
The Wyred4 sound SE dac destroys it..the dac needs 400 hrs ..
Keep things in perspective .when I said $10 k it is the best integrated under $10k IMO.
Krell says to get the most out of the 550 a 20 amp circuit will give you more current on demand .i have both a dedicated 15 amp and 20
You could tell the difference when turning up the volume,also a very good quality power cord makes a nice improvement as does the
2- synergistic 32mm 12.5 amp slow fuses. Fuses come with a money back guarantee.well worth the monies. Very good the nad not even in the same league .call Krell speak with a tech the 300 is old ,and not even close.
My brother has the Pass 150 and he Ike's mine better also.
Yes I bought one and the power supply went one hour into listening to it had to ship it back on my dime, Told them to keep it, Then I went out and bought a Mcintosh MAC6700 and now I m happy, MADE IN CHINA, KEEP YOUR JUNK OVER THERE.
BUY CANADIAN OR USA, Krell isn't the company it used to be ...