Hypex Ncore NC400

Really enjoying these, wondering about other's experiences.

Also, has anyone heard bridged NC400s?
nsirkin
Seadogs1

I presently use my PS Audio PW DAC MK II and the volume control that is built in. I have used this configuration for several years now even with my Wadia 861. Though with the Wadia I also could through my Halcro pre into the mix at times. IMHO if your system is neutral then you do not need a preamp and extra cables that will add its own tone/sound to the mix. The Veritas is so transparent, quite, neutral in tone, musical and not analytical in any way you want to advantage of that. Now if you like the "sound" of tubes you may want to add that into the mix and all the power to you and enjoy.

One caveat. To really get the best out of the Veritas USE BALANCED ONLY. Yes you can use an adapter but you have not heard what tis amp can truly do till you us balanced.

And I mean True Balanced. Many products have balanced inputs/outputs but are not truly balanced.

I hope my long winded response helped you. If you have any more questions let me know.

Hi Hifial, any further findings on your Merrill Veritas amps with NC1200 power conversion modules?

Thanks, Guido
I know I'm reviving an old thread, but was wondering if perhaps anyone else had comments about the NC400 module. I'm always keeping an eye out for an amp setup and this caught my attention.

I was first looking at the channel islands models and my search lead me to Hypex. I looked into building a couple of mono blocks using the NC400 modules to be able to get into a Hypex setup and save myself some money. The CI amps were $1600 a pair for the lowest model.

I looked into building my own using the NC400, but with the exchange rate and the VAT, building my own is going to cost more than just buying them from CI.

Any thoughts? Is just buying them pre built a better way to go for a U.S. resident?
Tony, which Channel Islands amp is based on Ncore? I went to the web site.... Seems both D500 and D200 are based on older Hypex UCD modules. As far as I know, the Ncore NC400 module by Hypex is solde only to the DIY market. OEM manufacturers purchase Hypex NCore NC1200 modules instead for their amps... Currently, Merrill Veritas, Acoustic Imagery ATSAH, Mola-Mola.

G.