Hybrid Integrated Amps: Any Good?

I have the opportunity to purchase a Bada dc-222 for around $400. It's a tube pre/solid state power integrated amp. Part of me says, "Wow, tube and solid-state, best of both worlds," while another part of me says, "Sounds like a gimmick and compromise that is going to be the worst of both worlds." Thoughts?
malcolmreynolds21
I am pleased to see that most of the posts acknoledge the point that a tube input or pre section of an SS amp, does not mean the amp sounds like a tube power amp. The tube effect goes beyond tone, it is the tube's ability to yeild a beautiful 3D soundscape. The SS output seems to flatten the image IMHO of course, YMMV etc.
Thanks guys! I'm also worried that the unit doesn't have tone controls, and that I'm currently using the tone controls on the amp I have now. Should I be worried about that?
Dtc, you may want to consider doing as I have done, secure a second unit and run the Classic One in Mono mode. This hybrid integrated is far better Mono than stereo, and will transform your rig as well as your listening experience. :) See my system pics for more insight.

I reviewed the Classic One MkII and MkIII in stereo and Mono mode for Dagogo.com, purchased them and continue to use them. At some point I may sell them if I move to another echelon of performance, but that would take quite a bit of money, perhaps more than $10K MSRP.
Doug - I use the Classic One in my bedroom system to drive Sonus Faber Concerto (originals). Given the usage, I am happy with the stereo mode. My main system is a Cary SLP-05 with a Mark Levinson 432 driving Sonus Faber Cremona (original). I am very happy with the Cary/Levinson combination and I am not sure that mono Classic ones would outperform my current setup. But thanks for the suggestion.