Amp/Preamp combo for Wilson Sophia 3's

I've been thinking about upgrading my electronics (amp/preamp) from my current Ayre KX-5eMP and VX-5e. Been thinking of the Ayre KXR/MXR combination, but my dealer says there are better combinations for the money. I recently heard Wilson MAXX 3's w/Boulder electronics (2000 series I think) and was very impressed, so that's an option. Any others?
TIA,
Tom
tpsully
Tpsully,

You never mentioned your budget.

I have heard the Sophia 3s with ARC Ref 5SE and Ref 150. The sound was terrific.

I agree with Lloydelee21's recommendations. Depends on your preferences and how much you want to spend!

Thanks,
Mike
I think you would be happier with a solid state amp. Buddy has an Allnic tubed 50w class A monoblocks driving his Wilson Sasha's and the sound is simply fantastic. I have found the Edge product to sound great and comparable to other previously suggested options. Not sure what your budget is but really like what I hear about the new Constellation peformance line, Solution (i think they are making an integrated. Have a fair bit of experience with the BAT (balanced audio tech) and their 52SE and 600SE are very nice and all balanced-not in the price of some of the above or previously suggested. I am really suprised the dealer had that comment on the Ayre gear because all I have heard or experienced has been very positive.I am running an Edge solid state sig 1.1 pre and recently purchased an Allnic L-3000 tubed pre and the mix of powerfull solid state amp and tube pre is great and may be a nice combo with your wilsons.
The Wilson speakers have always been tube-friendly and the Sophia is no exception. If you are considering Wilsons, always consider a good tube amp for them.

I've heard many people complain about Wilsons being too bright or the like over the years but I don't find that to be the case if you use a decent tube amp. They really do go well together.