Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand

09-20-07: Maril555
Correction:
Cortese doesn't need to be on. HT bypass is completely
passive. Just flip the switch towards the back.

Thanks. That helps. I observed bad juju when flipping the HT switch with the preamp on.

So, the HT RCAs are inputs, correct?

Any idea why I get no signal through the AUX2 inputs with the selector knob set to position five?
thanks for the heads up, maril. i wasn't sure and it's been a long time since i had even used that feature on my chardonnay.
Tvad,
The bleed thru is because of the unshielded point to point Silver wire used. I believe a little bleed thru is normal and the price for the transparency. Forgive obvious questions,as I know you're rather knowledgeable,but I believe there's a tape monitor switch of some kind located on the top,in the front on the right hand side. I have a Syrah so it's different,but I think the Cortese has it as well. If it's turned the wrong way,it'll act as a mute. As a rule,don't fool with any of the top switches while the pre's on unless you like to test your speaker's max excursion(HT bypass excepted). ;^)
Also,if I read your question correctly,wouldn't Aux 2 input correspond to selector position 2 or 3,not #4? Given #1 is phono,I would think you'd get sound at #2 or #3. I'm not at home so I could be remembering incorrectly.
Good luck
No tape switch on the top right front. That's an input mute switch.

Inputs on my Cortese go: Phono, CD, Tuner, Aux1, Aux2. Corresponding to positions on the rotary selector #1 (far left) through #5 (far right).
Tvad,
Yes, HT is one of the inputs (I don't remember wich one)- connect R and L front channels outs of your pre to this input on Cortese, that's it.