Conrad Johnson dedicated fansite

If anybody is interested there is a new fansite dedicated solely to Conrad Johnson Onwers. You can find it at http://www.conradjohnsonowners.com. Or just google "Conrad Johnson Owners". It's basically a forum discussion site except it's the only one to my knowledge that is exclusive to Conrad Johnson owners Hope this helps.
invenio78
I had a problem with my PV-12, and I troubleshot it down to a shorted winding in the secondary of the transformer. While a short in the primary would blow a fuse, not so in the secondary. This could cause all the lights to come on and other strange problems.

Since this wire was very fine, and now people mention other problems that could be caused by the same problem, I believe it's a design flaw in all CJ's. Why they used wire that was so fine in the transformer is beyond me. I was considering another CJ preamp, but not now.
Finally after 3 months, C-J is sending back my "fried" PFR pre-amp. I figured maybe I could sell the face-plate, or as-is for parts. I asked Ed to provide a copy of the diagnosis, but given my experience so far, I'm not holding my breath......
Wow, how scary this sounds.

I'm auditioning a GAT this weekend and am almost hoping I hate it based on what I've read here.
I have had a PF-R almost from when it first came out and never had a day of trouble with it. I had to swap out my main rig Wyetech Opal for a week and subbed the PF-R and while it is no Opal, I was not unhappy and could have lived with it.

Cannot comment on current (no pun intended) models.

Neal
A couple of questions, Steve. Did you do something that caused your PFR to fry or did it do it all by itself? Did you ask why it took so long to fix? There may be an excusable reason.

If you got terrible service for no good reason, I would let Mr. Conrad or Mr. Johnson know.