Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
For those of you have gotten off the tube rolling Merry go round, I am just getting on! I am looking for a pair of used Tung Sol Round plates for my Chenin. Right now it is a lot of fun trying different tubes but it is also expensive! If anyone has an extra pair, let me know! Bob
Bob....I have a mismatched pair of Tungsol black glass oval plates 1940s vintage that are alittle noisy and one has aloose base you can have for...."FREE"....The Tungsols are free only with a purchase of a set of select preamp and phono grade vacuum tubes that I have on hand that will plug into your Chenin and many other vacuum tube designs. GZ-34 1956 vintage metal base Philips MiniWatt perfect print on glass.Condition New, looks like it was made yesterday.Price $500.00. One pair of Western Electric 350Bs,one with original box,yellow print on bases matched codes Condition New.Price $1400.00.Or apair of 1957 metal base black innerbases EL-34s Philips MiniWatt.With original boxes.Condition New. Price $1100.00 Phonograde CCA pair Siemens gray plate.Condition New .Price $650.00 the pair or Telefunken CCAs Condition slight use test New $550.00....Bob this is the cream of the crop that will work in your Chenin....Bob think about this .In five years these prices will look like a good deal........Or...... You could have the V-cap upgrade done to your Chenin for thousands less and most likely end up being enthraled with your system more so then any set of select vacuum tubes.....
Wow. Those are some pricey tubes.

$500 for a Philips Miniwatt GZ-34?

Are you serious, Stiltskin, or was your post a joke?

FWIW, I recently purchased a pair of new Siemens CCA grey plates for $250 direct from a German seller. They sell for upwards of $600 from some US dealers, who frankly are taking advantage, IMO.
Hi Tvad,Yes these prices are for real here in North America.I have these mentioned vacuum tubes and I can't get over how much prices have gone through the roof.Forget Flea Bay .Do a search on North American tube sellers,Brent Jesse,Tube World.Tube Depot ect...The seller I deal with mostly is from the Netherlands.He has sold to some of these dealers and is honest as the day is long.Can't say that about the rest I've dealt with on this shore.Anyway regarding...Bob...Just giving him a hard time.
OK, Stiltskin. Best of luck with your tube sales.

BTW, I live in Southern California, and I'm familiar with North American tube prices. The highest tube prices in North America are undoubtedly found at TubeWorld, and from one Audiogon tube seller in particular.

;)