Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
The Audio fest was fantastic! I can't wait to go again next year. I have never seen so much audio equipment in one place. All the exhibitor's were very friendly and accommodating. I was asked if I had music that I wanted to hear in every room I went in. I made some great new friends there. The seminar's were very interesting too. I went to one given by Roy Gregory of Hi Fi+ on proper analog setup. It was a very eye opening experience. I also attended one on mastering of records given by Bernie Grundman. That was a real treat. Bernie has a new record label called Straight Ahead Records. I ended up buying all 3 LP titles that he had. The artists and the recording quality are top notch. I highly recommend them. Check them out at straightaheadrecords.com I heard the Podium speakers that Mick thought would be a great match for the Supratek's. The model 1's had shipping damage, so I heard the model .5's. I was not impressed. I have talked to Mick since returning from the show, and he said the pair he got had some shipping damage too. Apparently, these are not very well packed. He was able to play them, and he too was disappointed in the sound. This show is very consumer oriented and I highly recommend going. BE SURE TO READ MY NEXT POST. I HAVE VERY BIG NEW FOR ALL SUPRATEK OWNERS AND POTENTIAL OWNERS!
BE SURE TO READ MY NEXT POST. I HAVE VERY BIG NEW FOR ALL SUPRATEK OWNERS AND POTENTIAL OWNERS!

come on, tom. don't leave us hanging. especially as i'm still waiting on a cabernet.
I have BIG news for all Supratek owners. I spoke with Mick Maloney after returning from the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Mick told me that he will be attending the RMAF next year as an exibitor! He will have a full room of Supratek amps and preamps. I am hoping that as many Supratek owners as possible will be able to attend. This is our chance to meet the guy that has put a permanent smile on so many of our faces and to thank him in person! I wanted to give everyone plenty of advance notice so you can set time aside to attend. I for one would like to buy Mick a drink or take him to dinner, and I am hoping that many of you would like to do the same. This would be a great opportunity for all of us Supratek guys to get together. The RMAF takes place next year on October 10, 11, 12 2008 at the Marriott Tech Center Hotel. I will keep averyone informed as to when you can start making reservations. Please try to attend if possible. It is a ton of fun and with Mick there, that would be the icing on the cake!
Well gang, I have to say that I am surprised at the lack of response to my announcement about Mick telling me he will be at the 2008 RMAF. I would have thought that many of you would like to have a chance to meet Mick in person, but it looks like I may be wrong. I had such a good time at the RMAF this year that I had made up my mind that I wanted to attend next year, but with Mick announcing that he is going to be there, I am making my reservations as soon as I can.
Slowhand:

i would love to go, but, even a year in advance, i don't think i'll be able to make the trip due to more pressing financial obligations. did mick say who he may team up with in regard to source/speaker/cabling? on his end, i assume he'll be bringing the grange, dual cab, mondeuse, and malbec at the very least.