Which Preamp - Modwright or Joule-Electra?

Trying to decide between Modwright LS100 or Joule-Electra LA-150SE. All comments welcome.
oglefront
Hi Melkior.

I agree with you the CuTF capactitors take months to break-in but...what a paradise you live in. Indeed, compared to its benefit the upgarde is CHEAP, BLOODY CHEAP !!!!

One correction only: the name of your preamp is LA-150 Platinum !!! not "SE" anymore. Request from Jud or Simon the official certificate
Hello Dob,

Have you try both impedances on the LA 150 ? For me seems the lower impedance is better in terms of dynamics. Maybe this comes from the association with my power amps.

I think I'll upgrade the capacitors of my Carys with these caps if possible :-)
Melkior,

In my system, the use of the buffer stage substantially improved the sound stage, palpability, detail and overall musicality.

Kbuzz - your LA-100 can also be upgarded but not by J-E.
You can find good modifier and he can do a number of things - particualrly with signal path capacitors, and power supply, filter capacitors
Dob. Thank you for your reply. given the unique joule sound, which i love and dont want to skew, i have never thought of having that piece modded. figured if i wanted to upgrade with a newer joule id just sell this one and try and find another used.

so on that note, do you know anyone who has modded this pre? And if so any details would be appreciated.

thanks