The Best Compliment You've Gotten On Your Rig?

My brother-in-law entered my home as jazz was playing on my system. After about three songs, the announcer came on and started to speak..and my brother-in-law looked at me with amazement.."that was the radio??!!

He could not believe he was listening to a radio station. It was my killer Sansui TU-X1 tuner doing its thing. Best compliment I could ever receive. My bro-in-law is not an audiophile.
128x128mitch4t
Almost nobody compliments me on my rig because nobody cares (except a couple of fellow musicians), and when I demonstrate its wonderfulness to, for example, dinner guests , they sort of pretend to care but in that context they're likely being polite, and if I didn't point out how fabulous it sounds they very likely wouldn't notice. I don't mind at all as the system is designed to my tastes and obsessions, but I have to wonder how many audiophiles are out there in the general masses? Too few it seems.
My situation is like Wolf Garcia's. Nobody cares. My son often asks if he can play music and of course the answer is always yes, because he has great taste in music for a 19 year old, but he's never mentioned how good it sounds. That might be because he has Sennheiser HD600's and a Darkvoice tubed headphone amplifier in his bedroom. It probably sounds better than my rig.
Sure. Depends who's listening. When they care, they're always astonished. When someone does, and can afford it, they always have something impressive to demonstrate. Usual first word here is "wow".
"That sounds really good".

Truthfully most people could care less how it sounds. They think my wireless controlled music server and Squeezebox devices are pretty cool though when I use that to get the music playing. And they are also sometimes really impressed more by the physical presence of my really big OHM F5 speakers. Size matters it seems when trying to impress people.

:-)
Nilthepill - Cool! Sounds like a terrific compliment to both your system and your father. :^)