Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I just installed a Bendix 6106 rectifier and Sylvania 6f6g's that I purchased from Andy's Vintage tube service. I was wondering how long do these tubes take to break-in and how they will change upon reaching the point. Bob
Baranyi,
The 6106 takes some time to break-in. Give it at least a month. The 6f6's are good out of the box.
There's some great info about supratek tube rollin' in the link below.

Enjoy!

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1112733965&read&keyw&supratek+tube&&st0
Powers,
Thanks for directing me to that thread. It certainly is comprehensive regarding the Bendix. Bob
In the Chenin, Can I disconnect the power supply from the rest of the preamp and just use the power supply to cook my new Bendix 6106 for a week? I will be away on vacation and was wondering if this was safe to do. Alternatively, would it be safe to just run the entire preamp for a week with the rest of the system turned-of? I read the Supratek Tube swapping thread last night and I know someone did this with his Cortese but no one spoke to regarding the Chenin. Bob
Does anyone have a spare Bendix 6106 they they would like to sell? Impossible to get here in the UK.