Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Stiltskin

Many thanks for the info. Is there any way I can identify a 1950's 6106?

I have just installed a pair of new issue Tung-sol 6L6G "big bottle" replicas and they are sounding fantastic......replacing the supplied Sovtek KT66.

Are the 6F6Gs a drop in replacement?
V21,
If you locate a tube vender that has some Bendix 6106,
request a 1950s vintage with matched sides.This tube was made into the 1970s.
A quick way to discribe a Bendix 6106 is log onto Tube World.com
Type in Bendix 6106 on their page,they will have a close up picture of a Joint Army and Navy [JAN] 50s vintage.

Yes the 6F6g is used by afew Supratek preamp owners including myself.
I got a Cabernet Dual (latest one) and noticed that if I replace the Sovtek KT66 regulators with the Western Electric 350B I get a little more bass, but that bass is a little bloated. Thus, in order to rectify that issue I went back to the Sovtek KT66.

I used to have the Sauvignon before and the WE 350B was fantastic in that model.

Anyone out there have any experience with tube rolling on the "Cabernet Dual" as I'd be very interested as to your impressions.

Many Thanks,
Clipsal,

What are you using in the 6sn7 position? Have you tried a 6f6g in the regulator position yet?
Wow, I have had some time to read some of the threads.
Very passionate stuff.
Sounds like a great preamp, anyone in the Seattle area have one?