Solid State for Rock and Tubes for Jazz, Yes or No

I love Solid State for most music but I do think Tubes are great for Jazz and Classical. Maybe we should have one each!
donplatt
Lol wolf,

I always thought muttering was very quiet and not quite noiseLESS, but i am sure it needed a floor for the mutterers to stand on. Even if a noisy floor. I must stop worrying about the floor and focus on the muttering.
Mapman,

Lovely, but I hope the early reflections from the handrail didn't spoil the music.
"Lovely, but I hope the early reflections from the handrail didn't spoil the music."

The handrails were not easily removed, so I suppose we will never know.

Sometimes, you just gotta make the best out of things the way they are! :)

I've been to the Meyerhoff many times over the years. The only bad sound I ever got there was at a Steve Winwood concert with his small ensemble set up well towards the front of the stage, a good bit of electronic amplification and seats way up near the top of the venue and close to the rear left walls one level above these.

There were vocalists featured during this particular "Pops" concert and they were miked but whoever did the sound mixing did an exceptional job.
Mapman,

Lol. Thats the spirit.

Steve Winwood is a gentleman. I had the honour to hang with him at some rehearsals some years ago.

He played with so many legends back in the day and I had no idea until he told the stories. I was too busy being born I while he was rocking n rolling I guess! Different times...