Is there an amp that does 2-channel and all this?

Hola,

I'm looking for an integrated amplifier/receiver/AVR that does 2-channel well. I don't need 5+ channels but I would not mind it. I have gotten the impression that 2-channel receivers are preferred over 5 channel for 2-channel music. However, if there is a 5 channel receiver with stellar sound quality, I'm all ears!

I'm looking for a piece that has the kitchen sink:

phono stage
tuner
dac (usb and spdif)
bass management / variable sub out crossover
remote
tone control
125w+ per channel
pre-out

IF available, I'd also like room correction

Budget is $4000

Thoughts?
128x128michaelkingdom
I'd suggest either the HK 990 that Kal recommrnds or a suitable pre-pro with a separate 2 channel power amp of your choice - if you can live with a 2 box solution. Many power amps will allow auto triggering, so operationally, there's little to no difference between these options. The separate pre-pro route allows easier switchover to video/multi-channel use down the road, if changing circumstances make that appealing.

Marty
Onkyo (Integra), Denon, NAD, and Marantz all come to mind for one brand solutions.
Don't fret about the remote. You can always get a nice Logitech/Harmony remote to control your whole system. I've written about them in other threads. I still vote for the Arcam 600 over all of the other options.
The Arcam AVR600 looks like a great option. It has it all:

phono / tuner / good amp section / usb-spdif in
Is your phono MM or MC? I believe the ARCAM is MM only. Just something to check.