Is there an amp that does 2-channel and all this?

Hola,

I'm looking for an integrated amplifier/receiver/AVR that does 2-channel well. I don't need 5+ channels but I would not mind it. I have gotten the impression that 2-channel receivers are preferred over 5 channel for 2-channel music. However, if there is a 5 channel receiver with stellar sound quality, I'm all ears!

I'm looking for a piece that has the kitchen sink:

phono stage
tuner
dac (usb and spdif)
bass management / variable sub out crossover
remote
tone control
125w+ per channel
pre-out

IF available, I'd also like room correction

Budget is $4000

Thoughts?
128x128michaelkingdom
What draws me towards a simple solution is that I have limited space. I have found myself in the past with up to four amps, five sets of speakers and all the other components that are "integrated" into a one box receiver. If I end up getting an Arcam, hopefully it will be all I need.
Michael,

I know the feeling.

I was unable to audition the HK 990 at the time of purchase ((app 2 years ago) so I replaced my server->dac->pre-> active x-over-> DRC unit ->subwoofer + power amp with a 2 box solution. Server straight into Integra pre-pro w/power amp that's triggered by 12 volt.

One button power up!

Great SQ without the hassles.

Marty
@MichaelKingdom: My speakers are a bit hot in the treble, and SUPER bass heavy. After running the room correction on the HK990, the sound is very uniform, and really not emphasized in any one category, on my setup. They removed a ton of bass, which cleared up the midrange tremendously. Maybe a tiny bit on the warm side...which is great for me.

Zero grain. Love it. Don't know if this helps at all.

Mot