about the kt 120 tube

now that tong sol has the kt 120 tube out, would it be a matter of time before other company's make it or does tong sol have rights to it for a period. once made by someone else the price should hopefully drop. would anybody know anything about this. thanks
tomtab
that kt 150 tube looks real nice. let me guess?? 200wpc a pair in push-pull circuit. i can see a kt 180 and kt 200 tube in the works
The reason the Chinese haven't copied the Russians might have something to do with their raw materials and their technology. They are behind the Russians on both. After the issues with the first 6550's out of China many years ago, I am wary of them and therefore stay away from them. That being said, the only Chinese tubes I found to be exceptionally good were the EL-34 Treasures. That's about it.
I'm using a matched pair of "tubestore" Preferred 7025s that they source from China and they're great.
I have not tried those. I currently use the JJ ECC803S. I find it to be very quiet and good sounding. I know some people have had issues with them. So far no issues...
HI Bifwynne,

Just wondered if you found out about the KT150 in the ARC equipment (I have the Ref150)

Thanks
Marc.