Bob Carver LLC has been purchased by Emotiva

From the Bob Carver LLC Facebook site:

Some of you may have heard that Bob Carver LLC has been purchased by Emotiva. It is true and a very exciting development for the company. We will remain a "Made in the USA" brand of Bob Carver designed products. There are lots of good things to come!!
128x128mitch4t
Bob had an investor. Before the investor stepped in, Bob
had a day job and was building amps one at a time and
selling them on eBay. He was managing to sell maybe one amp
every other month or so. Bob was definitely the tech brain
behind the company, but I believe he didn't have very much
authority over the financial direction of the company. I
believe the investor saw an opportunity with Emotiva and
took it. That's what investors do. Ultimately, the guy
with the money makes the decisions.

I have a feeling you will see another reincarnation of Bob
Carver with yet another venture in the next ten years. I
believe that as long as he has enough cash to cobble
together an amp by hand, he will start making amps again, in
his garage if he has to. It is in his blood. ....and he
will have buyers.
Feel like we just been played. I don't know what else to say. They never notified us nor did they make it clear on the direction they going. It was all done behind the curtains.
06-26-13: Dragon_vibe
Feel like we just been played. I don't know what else to say. They never notified us nor did they make it clear on the direction they going. It was all done behind the curtains.
Dragon_vibe (Threads | Answers | This Thread)
You're a customer. You bought an amp. Why is the company obligated to involve/update you in selling the company?

I bought a bag of Scott's grass seeds last week, now they're obligated updating and getting my approval in all company transactions.
I feel for you. Bob Carver has had a troubled track record to be sure. Dealers that had purchased his latest products to only have the rug pulled out underneath them have a right to be upset, and Emotiva has no doubt had a hand in the decision making process as well.
I don't get the reasons for Emotiva lowering the price of these amps. I assumed that with all the hype and glowing reviews these things are selling well, and keeping the prices at the same level is more profitable...I can only assume Emotiva doesn't care about money, thinks these amps are overpriced in the first place and is taking an ethical stand (!), or thinks they'll sell more of 'em at lower prices. As far as pissing off dealers (or recent purchasers), there's nothing quite like starting a new ownership with a raft of ill will and bad publicity.