McIntosh Vintage C22 Telefunken 12AX7 or ECC803's?

Anyone try running Telefunken ECC803's tubes in the vintage McIntosh C22 pre-amp? The C22 is currently running Telefunken 12AX7 tubes. I am curious if there is a big audio quality impact with a swap especially in the phono section; the ECC83's are super quiet hence perhaps a good match for the phono.

I currently run 801's, 802's and 803 in the MC275 and the impact is significant with the 803 contributing the most.
dailycitrus
Many consider Telefunken ECC83/12AX7s to be on the bright or lean side. If you consider them to be lush enough for you (I do as well), then you certainly ARE a candidate for appreciating the ECC803S. These have a similar tonal balance, but also, greater clarity and a bit more explosive dynamics.

You possibly could rationalize such an expense by the reputation of that tube outliving its owner.
Larryi, your right the 803S are bright. I am currently running 2 MC275's in a horizontal bi amp config with all Telefunken 801S, 802S and 803S NOS tubes. Adding 803S to the C22 pre-amp will be too much. I am going to experiment with a softer tube in the C22 and in the MC275; GL Reissue 12AX7's and the NOS Amprex BugleBoy 12AX7 (D getter Long Plate.

The 803S is wonderful but I can not see having them in the C22 and MC275; only one.
I am a fan of Amperex BugleBoys where a warmer tube is desired. These are great sounding and pretty long lasting tubes.

It sounds like you will have a really nice setup.