Audio Research Vs115

I'm look at trading my amp in for an Audio research VS115 tube amp. I'm using a PS audio perfectwave as my source. Anyone had experience with this amp.

I auditioned it yesterday with Burmester B25 speakers and it sounded great.

Love to hear your experiences with this amp...thanks
mherron
ARC tests their tubes at hard labor for 24 hrs. prior to putting them in your amp at the factory. No other tube reseller does this. Tubes are not perfect and they do fail. They warranty the tubes for 90 days and any damage it caused would be covered under warranty. The resistors are doing their job when they shatter. They are flameproof resistors. This is normal.
Bifwynne,

I'm not sure what relevant facts that I left out. My dealer would have given me a brand new replacement VS115 within one week if I wanted it. That is not the point. I did not want another VS115 after my experience. The KT120 tubes were fine. The center rear transformer also was humming loud enough that I could hear it in my listening position and it got pretty hot as well. When my dealer asked me if I wanted a replacement I told him that I did not want to wonder if this would happen again.

I think the VS115 is a fine sounding amp. I wouldn't have bought it in the first place if it wasn't. I just question its reliability.
Glad to hear that Paragon Sight & Sound took care of you. I have been in that shop a couple of times as I live in the Detroit area. And while I have not purchased anything from them it is reassuring to know that they support their customers and that I can feel comfortable should I ever purchase something from them.

Chuck
I've had my Jolida for a relatively short time compared to the tube guitar amps I've used since 1966. In all those years of constant gigging I never had a single incident of a tube failure taking out any other part of the amp...some tubes did fail here and there (extremely rare) but were replaced with zero damage anywhere else. ARCs issues, although seemingly often covered by warranty, seem strange to me...but then so much seems strange...NURSE...wheel me out of the sun!
Resistor blowing, with tube arcs, and shorts, is only true with ARC amps and is IMO a reliability issue. ARC in the Twin Cities will "never" send a tech to your home for any repair! The amp always goes back to the factory for any repair!

BAT, Quicksilver, VAC, Atmosphere, Manley, Rouge, and VTL amps "never" blow out parts if a tube arcs!

It is a poor design choice by ARC!