How powerful is a Wavac MD-300B

I know it is only 10 watts but when I heard its elder sibling, the EC-300B which is also rated at 10 watts, I felt that is all I would ever need. My speakers are Tannoy Turnberry SE (93db, 8 ohms).

Will the MD-300B have similar juice as the EC-300B ? I dont listen very loud and my room is also about 200 sqft but I listen to all kinds of music.
pani
If you are not sure if you will have enough power, maybe consider a different amp. I have a VAC 30/30. It has 2 300b's per side and is quite powerful. I believe its rated at 32 watts per channel. It sounds just as powerful as my old AR VT100. It had absolutely no problems driving a pair of Martin Logan SL-3's for about 2 years. I still have it and have no plans of selling it.
The only reason I am trying for this wavac (even though I also like the more powerful Audio Note) is because there is no other amp I have heard which does things that the Wavac can do. My impression comes from EC-300B.
Pani, a potentially very important point that nobody seems to have noticed yet is that the frequency response spec on the MD-300B has a lower limit of 40 Hz!!!

Assuming that spec is not in error, that would make the MD-300B a non-starter as a candidate, in my book. Besides that being an indication that the bottom octave will be severely rolled off, it is most likely also an indication that there will be adverse sonic effects at somewhat higher bass frequencies, due to phase shift issues.

In contrast, the EC-300B is spec'd to 20 Hz, and also has twice the bandwidth of the MD-300B at its upper limit (100 kHz vs. 50 kHz).

Also, I note that the EC-300B weighs nearly 60% more than the MD-300B, and appears to use completely different tube types in the input and driver stages.

All of which would seem to indicate that the sonics of the two amplifiers are likely to be considerably different.

Regards,
-- Al
Sensitivity of a given speaker is inly one information, even more important is, what kind of X-over is inside? Some can be a black hole for tube amps, even when speaker sensitivity gives the impression, that low powered amps can be used (Wilson is among such examples). Some tube amps are quite robust and have the ability to drive a wider range of speakers than others (Lamm ML2.1 is such an example but between ok and great there is also a difference) but I never heard a 300B amp in its full glory below 98dB speakers...

Good points Al,two 300b SET amps from the same manufacturer with significant differences in price,weight(likely bigger and better transformers) and front end tubes in the circuit.It`d be no way to extrapolate the sound of one amplifier based on hearing the other. Pani you could still really like the WAVAC MD 300b version but you need to hear it on your speakers.
Regards,