How powerful is a Wavac MD-300B

I know it is only 10 watts but when I heard its elder sibling, the EC-300B which is also rated at 10 watts, I felt that is all I would ever need. My speakers are Tannoy Turnberry SE (93db, 8 ohms).

Will the MD-300B have similar juice as the EC-300B ? I dont listen very loud and my room is also about 200 sqft but I listen to all kinds of music.
pani

Good points Al,two 300b SET amps from the same manufacturer with significant differences in price,weight(likely bigger and better transformers) and front end tubes in the circuit.It`d be no way to extrapolate the sound of one amplifier based on hearing the other. Pani you could still really like the WAVAC MD 300b version but you need to hear it on your speakers.
Regards,
You may like the MD but you do like the EC. Depending on the speaker (and your ears), the differences could be small or huge.

From reading your posts, I think the EC is the one for you. Yes, it's more expensive but there is an old saying: "Sometimes the cheap comes out expensive".

I have and love 300b amps. They all had that glorious midrange but the better ones have extension in both directions.
My only worry is whether the MD can drive the Tannoys. I dont want the deepest bass at this point, but mid bass required to enjoy stuffs like Dire Straits, Guns n Roses etc should be there and adequate.
By the way, I am considering their preamp, the PR-X2. On their website they specify an output impedance of 10 kohms!! Could that be a typo ?
I am considering their preamp, the PR-X2. On their website they specify an output impedance of 10 kohms!! Could that be a typo ?
Don't know. It would probably be best to contact Wavac directly with that question.

I've seen a few cases over the years, involving components made in countries in which English is not the native language, where the "output impedance" spec was really referring to minimum recommended load impedance. Don't know if that is the case here.

Regards,
-- Al