Need help with a Tube PREAMP.

I currently use a Solid State 2 channel AMP with an Input of 20k(unbal) 40k(bal). I am looking for a great Tube PreAmp for around $2500 that would mate well with the AMP. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
128x128mattmiller
The shindo auriges as mentioned in that review is very good and can be found used from time to time near the budget of the op. check don betters website for deals. He has them from time to time.
I have a McIntosh MC352 stereo AMP (solid state). I drive a pair of Dynaudio Contour 3.0's.Click my SYSTEM next to my name and see pics. I want detail and attak! I listen to classic rock and Jazz mostly. I use a Prima Luna Prologue now and it has low gain, 11 db. I dont really care about remote.
I don't know if a SET preamp is going to mate with the solid state amp I have. Any other suggestions? Or has anyone used a combination of tube pre and SS amp?
Or has anyone used a combination of tube pre and SS amp?

a lot of members use this combination.
Given the input impedance of your amp, a tube pre with balanced output capability is probably your best bet. Definitely check out the Cary SLP-05 if in your price range.