Best way to improve my Theater with $1500.00

I just won an award from my work. They gave me $1500.00 worth of Amazon gift cards. I want to use it on my home theater, and was hoping to get a little advise.

Right now I am in a condo, so my HT is basic. In about 6 months I will buy a house and build a dedicated home theater. I usually buy used gear, to save a small fortune. I have not spent any money recently on anything new. I did try a Pioneer Elite Receiver with the digital amps and HDMI and all that. It didn't sound as good as my B&K gear at all so I returned it.

My theater consists of a b&k Ref 50s2. B&K AV-5000S2 amp. Sony BDP-s550 blue ray running LPCP analong out to the Ref 50. All monster m1000 series interconnects. I also have a PS3 and a Direct tv box. Right now I have a 60" Panasonic Plasma, A thiel Smart Sub, DCM TFV-6.0 as mains and CX-17 as center, plus rears. When I get the full theater going again I will use my DCM TFV -10.0's as mains (I have 2 pair) and maybe rears/ center. I will also want to go with a front projector for video. I listen to both music and movies, and would like to look into streaming lossless from my PC.

So, Knowing my plan, what gear should I buy?

1. I have been debating on upgrading to an all Thiel system. I can pick up used speakers on Audiogon, craigslist o ebay pretty cheap. I may invest the 1500 twards new ones though.

2. Oppo bdp-105 or the step down. I know they do lossless streaming and have good DAC's. However, will I see that much increase over the DAC in my B&k? (since I coudl keep it instead of getting a new processor)

3. Get a new processor. One of the newer Marantz/ onkyo ? emotiva/ outlaw. Would I need a new or better blue ray at this point? Or just use my PS3 or PS4 when it comes out. Will I notice better sound/ vid quality with lossless formats by ising an oppo over the ps3 with a newer processor? Should I get an AVR and use it as a Processor?

4. Wait and buy a projector? I would probably like this potion least. Just because I can probably grab a deal on craigslist on a used one very cheap. I am less concerned about video quality and don't want 3D. I want a good picture but my thing is mainly sound.

5. When I build my theater I will build it to my ideal. I have spent 16 years building houses, so the construction is not a problem.

So Any thoughts or ideas on how to spend my money??
dcmlover
I think I am going to try to demo some speakers. I will look into some Martin Logan and B&W cause they are close to my house at best buy. I will see if I have an improvement over my DCM.
Dcmlover,
Remember, "delayed gratification" is a concept embraced by sane, rational and successful humans. Meaning don't let your new found funds burn a hole in your pocket; read, listen to as many options as you can, be patient and make the right choices for your ears and wallet.

Just my 2 cents
Tim
Thanks Tim. Trust me, I am very careful about the money I spend. That is why I am looking for advise . I want to make sure I spend my money wisely.
Dcmlover,

On the other hand, sometimes you just have to say:"WTF", live a little and just go for it. I think Avgoround's suggestion of a front projection system (JVC?) is a good one. This would form an excellent basis of a very nice ht, especially if you're able to dedicate a room in your new house to a ht.

Thanks,
Tim
Devil's Advocate
Thank you for that. I know I will buy a nice projector for sure. I might just hold on for 6 months and buy one, or blow it now. I am like a kid in a candy store!!