Replacement for Maggie's?

So I have been thrilled with my magnepan 1.6's to the point that I have upgraded every component to the point that even the power conditioner costs more than the speakers. My question as the headline suggests is that where do I go from here for speakers? I love the Maggie sound for its wonderful depth, life like size, and soundstage. Dislike its lack of bass. The rest of my gear consists of Ayre C5xeMP, Ayre K5xe soon to be MP, Pass Labs X250, APC S15, Grover Huffman XLR's, Signal Cable bi wired speaker cables. Thanks
harri009
Pryso: Actually I'm very familiar with the Maggie DWM woofer; I heard it in a demo with mini maggies around 5 years ago. I am very impressed with it and it would be another great alternative to subs. When I mentioned the powered subs I intended that as an alternative, not a contraindication of the DWM. One of the great strengths the DWM brings for blending with panels is that its frequency response goes up to around 7KHz, which means it's not only as fast as the Magnepan bass ribbons; it's almost as fast as the tweeter panels.

Everything I said about the powered subs is also true of the DWMs, plus the easy perfect blend you get with them. Maggie 1.6s or 1.7s should be fine for a wide range of room sizes if they get some room-filling help below 100 Hz, which can be done by the DWM or some small, fast subs.
Well I may potentially have a pair of 3.6's lined up. It's still on the fence from the sellers side until he gets a few things ironed out but I am possibly picking them up next week. As my wife stated "your lucky I love you" I told her that if she absolutely despises them I will resell but her comment was "let's face it once I let them in the house your never selling them, exept to upgrade lol" YEAH FOR LOVING WIVES. It seems to definitely be the best alternative for an upgrade if I enjoy the Maggie sound already. Thank you everyone for the thorough and well thought out responses. There is a lot of information here for anyone in a similar spot.
Harri, sounds like all is ending well. My wife thinks Maggies look cool. No one told her she is supposed to hate them, I guess.
Way to go! And congratulations. As good as the smaller Maggies are, that true ribbon is on a different plane.
Harri, I hope that works for you, but I highly recommend you look at Peter Gunn's website

http://www.indiespinzone.com/magnestand.html

I found all of it and there is a lot there, very interesting. And I'm glad I read it before buying 1.7's