If not B&W 802 speakers then what speakers?

Hello and good day to all,

This question is for a mostly hometheater room. like 90% hometheater.

as i do like the sound from my b&w 804S speakers, HTM3S center channel.

i am growing tired of waiting for a used set of 802's to come on the market where i live...Florida.

so if you had about 6k for used home theater speakers what would you look for?

room is 24' by 24'... non treated, dryway

amp is anthem statement P5.

Thank you for your input.

Bill
baranowski
“Soon to be marantz av 8801”, then I assume you’re still using the Pioneer AVR. That should be a nice upgrade. Give it some time before you think about speakers.

You have a excellent match with the 804s and the HTM3s. The HTM3s is as close as you can get to having a 5th 804s, and 5 identical speakers is obviously the best timbre match you can achieve. So if you replace the fronts with a different brand, then replace the center and rears also to match.

“804s on the four corners”, can I assume you do not mean physically in the corner of the room? If so, this would take away from the clarity. The position of the front 3 speakers can greatly affect the sound. Also, the location of the subwoofer in the room is important to achieve a linear and smooth transition to the mains. It’s really not the best idea to let Room Correction try to adjust a poor setup. Better to have a good setup and let RC fine tune.
"For theater you are wasting your money. Be happy with what you have. Why care if fake sounds are produced accurately?"

There's so such thing as fake sounds. If you can hear it, its real.
Lol, I love how he says he's tired of waiting for a pair to come up locally, then is offered a pair and says sorry, but I can get them locally for $6500. Well if you can get them locally for $6500 why dont you? Oh yeah, because you cant. If you could, you wouldnt have stated that you cant... Derr...
Just a reminder but I'm sure you know your center channel speaker should always match your front speakers. So if you change brands for your fronts that means dumping more money on a new center speaker.
I do have to agree with James63 comment as the center channel in a HT application does most of the dialogue. I'm not familiar with your Marantz receiver but in the past as far as an A/V receiver Marantz were also good in a two channel application. I had their top model receiver from the late 90's, can't remember the model but it was gold, and it was great. I ended up using two Aragon mono blocks for my two channel. Unless you move more towards two channel than the Diamonds may be overkill. Maybe upgrading to B&W's top model center channel would be a better bang for your buck at the moment. Good luck
B-limo... really? so because i am tired of waiting for a pair of speakers to be on the market locally.... i should go for the first pair ,at that price, that shows up? i do not know who pissed in your cherrios, but it was not me. either have some input about the question asked, or leave it alone.

if i switch to the "D" series i would have to ALSO buy a center channel as my center channel is not a diamond tweeter. thus costing me even more money.
so for 8500 for a set of speakers that could already be 8 years old AND

i would have to spend over 2000 more for a center channel... No thank you...

if you have that kind of money to overpay, then just buy me a pair of speakers...

by overpay i mean i try to stay at the HALF mark of retail for speakers approaching the 8 year old mark... so for the "D" series 802 i would be in the $6,000 area as they were $12,000 new... and i would still have to find and buy a center...

my cash my choice.
Bill