Help me pick some speakers

I am moving out of state and will be getting an apartment for the next year or so. So assume a small space. I need speakers. I have a Sunfire 300x2 amp and Sunfire Theatre Grand II. I have MIT Pro-line XLR interconnects, Tara Labs S&T II speaker wire and Tara labs Prism Special AC power cords. Only looking for two channel. Any suggestions on a used speaker that won't break the bank, say $1000 or less. Listen to mostly jam band, rock and want good bass without killing neighbors with a sub woofer. Not too concerned about floor space, so floor mount is OK, just looking for best quality for my money. Thanks for any replies!
walstib
The Paradigm's look pretty thrashed. Still would love to hear any direct comparisons of the sound.
Silverline Preludes are probaly unbeatable at used under 1K.
VERY mususical, far faster and clearer than Vandersteen, PSB, with better bass than Dynaudio standmounters.
I've owned all of the above.
Oh, I forgot, Siverlines compare to Paradigm about like a BMW compares to a Chevy.Owned them too.
I have read good things about the Preludes but have not seen any for sale. I did see a pair sold for 590 last year on Audiogon. How does the low end compare to the Vandy 2CE or the Paradigm 100/V2?