Help me pick some speakers

I am moving out of state and will be getting an apartment for the next year or so. So assume a small space. I need speakers. I have a Sunfire 300x2 amp and Sunfire Theatre Grand II. I have MIT Pro-line XLR interconnects, Tara Labs S&T II speaker wire and Tara labs Prism Special AC power cords. Only looking for two channel. Any suggestions on a used speaker that won't break the bank, say $1000 or less. Listen to mostly jam band, rock and want good bass without killing neighbors with a sub woofer. Not too concerned about floor space, so floor mount is OK, just looking for best quality for my money. Thanks for any replies!
walstib
Ketchup, although there are some really high quality audience that cant be beat for that I was there feeling.
Mingles, which ohm walsh do you have/suggest? Any advice on shopping these? Lots of very old ones out there and I am unfamiliar with any of them. Thanks.
Walstib,

The "I was there" feeling is what I want, so I rarely reach for the soundboard recordings! I shied away from phish sbd recordings long ago and haven't obtained any in years. I just don't think they sound like the show. My vague recollection is that they still don't sound very good on the Thiels when compared to "audiophile" recordings which can sound amazing. They are too revealing even for the sbds. You will hear all of the flaws.
GoldenEar Aon 3. Do yourself a favor and try and listen to a pair. Great reviews on-line just google.