Best Bookshelf speaker 1300.00 budget

Imaging/clarity are most important. Will be used as 2 channel stereo system with no sub. Don't need alot of bass for my listening..however some is needed. Have listened to Revel M105 1300.00 pr and from reputation Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1 for 850 or so. Willing to listen to recommendations. This is for a small living room that is not closed in...10 by 12.
nyaudio98
It is going to be pretty hard to beat the Vapor Breeze at that price point, I had the v 1.0s in my house for a while before buying the Cirrus, they were a very capable little speaker. The new iteration with a stepped baffle and more refined crossover is stellar value at that price point. I will probably pick up a pair at some point for my secondary system.
I would definitely buy the KEF LS50.

It has amazing sweet extended sound. Nothing beat LS50 at this price point.
As imaging and clarity are most important, and you won't be using a sub, I would recomment active monitors. I use the QUAD 12L Actives in my bedroom system, and they are very revealing with superb imaging. They extend down far enough that I never feel the need for a sub. It also negates the need for finding synergy with an amp, as they are built in.

I run a DAC with volume control, then into a Grant Fidelity tube buffer to warm them up a touch, and it sounds lovely. There are a ton of actives out there...worth a listen with your requirements. BTW, I also own the Totem Rainmakers and they are also fantastic...but in a very different way. :-)

Enjoy,
Mot
While given the budget you have stated for a bookshelf requirement I would normally jump to recommend a used pair of Tyler Taylo's (check them out). But if clarity and imaging are most important I have to agree with the Proac recommendation. The Tyler's will do most of that however, and give you that added bass you may want. If you can do without the bass to some degree, you also can not ignore the Harbeth P3 in your search. You should be able to audition both British speakers if you live near a major city - I would highly recommend trying to do so if you can. A final recommendation would be Totem's monitors, new or used (many models to choose from).