What are Epicure 3.0 Pyramid speakers worth?

I have a pair of Epicure 3.0 Series II Pyramid speakers that I am considering selling but I need to know how much to ask for them. I re-foamed the woofers and midranges about 15 years ago and had great results except for a rattle in one of the midrange drivers. I replaced both midrange drivers with some unknown name drivers I found at the local electronics store. They (the mids) have a power rating of 200 watts and sound good but are more efficient than the originals so I added l-pads to attenuate them. They now sound as good as the originals minus the rattle. I will include the original midrange drivers for the perfectionist to have rebuilt. The foam tweeter covers are in great shape. The front foam covers have long since disintegrated so I replaced them with round auto stereo speaker grilles. Not original but a good look anyway. I understand these speakers sold for $1000.00+ back in the 70's. Anybody out there have any input?
mandobassman
I hate to sound argumentative but these speakers are in excellent shape and could be easily restored to original specs. The small hole for the L-Pads could be filled and would have no effect whatsoever on the sound. Front foam grilles could be custom fabricated if so desired. I know Epicure had a pretty good following in it's day. I would certainly expect them to be worth more than $150.00. You can see pics of them here, http://www.mandobassman.com/Epicure.html
I doubt you could even get $150 for them. Your limited to a local sale to someone who is an EPI fanatic. Drivers need to be rebuilt and the crossovers probably need work.

Here is a link to info about them: http://www.humanspeakers.com/cgi-bin/page.pl?page=e/epicure-3.0.txt
Epicure was pretty good in it's day, which is now measured in decades.

What you can buy from PSB, Paradigm or others in the low hundreds would make a 30 year old speaker that "only needs new grills, a replacement midrange, holes filled where the L pad was etc, etc" sound dreadful.

Rather than argue with the responses here, just put them on ebay and see how great the following for something that needs a bunch of work is?
Ok, so $47.00 to rebuild one mid plus shipping. Sound is clean so I think the crossovers are fine. Woofers and Tweeters have no issues. My main speakers are vintage Klipschorns in mint condition so I do know what quality sound is and while these do not have the live presence of the Klipshorns and not nearly as efficient they do have a very rich natural sound that you only find in high end equipment. Aside from the sound the cabinets are very nice too. I have to believe they are worth more than $150.00 to someone. If I can't sell them for considerably more than that I will certainly keep them.
Run an ad here, on eBay or Craigslist and you will soon know their real value. That would be a lot easier than arguing about it, which in the end will not result in a real answer to your question. I always liked Epicure speakers and would be interested in knowing the final sales price.